Sunday, February 21, 2010

How to use Blogger or The Disappearance of Tony Ortega

I will explain some essentral blogging techniques that I have noticed some people do not use. The first is a simple Jump Break. In the "compose" screen, all the way to the right there is an icon of a page torn. If you click it, it will create a jump break. That is the read more link that you see after this sentence.

Cool huh? That will make an intro to your full post. It keeps the page front nice and clean. Another technique is simply readability. If your background and middleground is too distracting its hard to read the text. And thats what people are coming for, the text. Please don't put bright colors as backgrounds or sidebars (such as yellow). It is not only distracting, but makes the page hard to read due to eye strain it causes. Remember, a simple page, is a happy page.

Alright, now for the past week I have been practicing self-hypnosis. Hypnosis is real, and recognized by the American Medical Association and the American Psychological Association. It can be used to treat depression, anxiety, eating disorders, sleep disorders, compulsive gaming, and other conditions.

I walked into Borders looking for new manga to read, but sadly there were none, so I walked to the other side for graphic novels when I passed up a book on self-hypnosis. I picked it up and read to myself the "concentration" passage to increase concentration just for fun. After I read it I noticed that I could only focus on one thing. I automatically ignored everything else that was going on. It was like whatever I focused on was drawing me in. It was incredible. So I bought it and drove home. When I got home, I read from the beginning. I didn't learn all that much that I didn't know before. (I studied psychology a little for the Army) Then I read the "induction" to truly start the self-hypnosis. I must say, nothing is like it. Both time and the world just stopped existing when you are hypnotized. Wondering if I was really hypnotized, I tried the "lucid dream" passage. A lucid dream is a dream that you are conscious. Anotherwords, you have full control over your dream. Anyways, I went to sleep that night thinking I might have a lucid dream.

And I lucid dream I had. In the dream, I cut my teeth with nail clippers to test pain. (Don't ask why or how, it's a dream remember.) I turned and looked into a mirror and saw my teeth as chocolate. After that, it turned from WTF? to a nightmare. My upper left molars fell out, and I panicked in the dream then woke up. I then had sleep paralysis. My whole mouth watered (thinking I really lost teeth), then I drooled a puddle due to the paralysis. For about minute (I think there might have been time lost), I thought I was still dreaming due to sleep paralysis (it does that). Then reality checked about five times to see if I woke up into another dream. After I realized that I was, indeed, awake with all my teeth, I was finally relieved. The lucid dream is the second trippiest dream that I had. (The first is a coma I had last year)

So what I learned is that hypnosis can be very powerful, and lucid dreams feel very real. Now for some Vocaloid! The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku. One of THE best songs that has ever been written for Miku Hatsune to sing. It is also a song almost impossible to sing in real life due to it being over 300 bpm (a few had done it in groups).

2 comments:

  1. It is pretty amazing the power the mind has on the body. Did you ever try to solve a problem in one of your lucid dreams? It almost seems like if you think of something hard enough before you go to bed you somehow live the dream and come up with an answer or a solution to your once a problem. I was wondering if you ever tried meditation? This is quite a wonderful thing as well. You become one with your mind, body and soul. It is almost like you levatate off the ground and your mind is in a different place. This is pretty crazy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did solve a problem in my sleep before. Forgot the exact problem, but I think it had to do with C++ (programming language). It was freaky.

    ReplyDelete