Sunday, March 7, 2010

Back to Square One or Tonight: Tony Ortega

One thing that has fascinated me was people. We all know that we are nothing but pawns. Working just to work, a neverending cycle of getting paid then buying so other people get paid. The whole world is nothing but a giant ponzi scheme. The world deceives us into thinking that its worth living in. Is it? It is really great to work for someone else your whole life? Even when you retire, your bills (phone, electric, water) are still there. You are still working. The bad thing is there is nothing to stop this endless cycle. Hit the jump for more.

Woot. I'm mega depressed and I don't see why anyone should be otherwise. I still need to finish my rough draft for the "observation" paper and I really don't feel like working on it. I tried, and had a hard time thinking of anything to write about. So I wrote about "People Watching." Its something I do. Don't know why.

I think its like why kids get the ant farms. All the ants just "know" what to do. Why aren't any of them confused? None of the ants ask why they are building more tunnels? People are the same way. I never understood everyone around me. How do they know how to socialize? Did everyone get some instruction manual that I didn't get? How do all these guys know all the parts to a car, and I don't even know what "Overdrive" really does? (I turned it on and off in my car and didn't notice a difference) Why does it seem like I am into things that no one else is into?

So after years of asking myself questions that I could not answer, I started watching other people. Not in a stalk-ish type. Just sat and arbitrarily picked a group or groups, to watch. Inferred, what they were doing. Identifying physiological stuff like anxiety, depression, anger, ect. in people's limbs that they try to hide. So, now I think I fairly good at reading people. Not as good as the people on Lie To Me, but above-normal.

So why am I mega depressed? I really don't know. MDD popping back up? Maybe. Sorry no Vocaloids. Way too melancholic to search for one.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that's a really good topic. Observing people, it's so interesting to see how each group acts differently from one another. (: But I'm sure you'll find a way to work through with this observational paper!!! Never give up =)

    ReplyDelete